From the very beginning, the aim of the „Theory and Practice of Polish Language Teaching” journal was to raise didactical awareness among teachers and students, as well as developing the research focusing on Polish language education in schools. Nowadays, the journal is also a place of humanist ideas exchange, serving many active teachers as an innovative methodology instrument, deeply rooted in theory and scientific research outcome. Therefore, the journal shall be considered as a part of Silesian didactic tradition of interwar era, which shaped the idea of teacher who is also involved in scientific research.
The journal covers following topics:
- traditions of Polish language school teaching (this includes program changes, native language learning and teaching concepts, literature history and theory, specific methods)
- descriptions of other countries’ native language learning and teaching methodology;
- presenting stories and experiences involving learning Polish as an inherited language;
- general themes of literature and cultural education (including media education);
- perception of Polish language teacher and example role models analysis, teachers role in contemporary education system;
- suggestions and lesson/teaching activities scenarios supported with literature works (including children and youth literature) analysis;
- scientific research results focusing on literature reception, language and communication skills among students;
- descriptions and definitions of the components Polish language teaching theory (methods, purposes, teaching aids, didactical phenomena, use of electronic media and remote learning solutions);
- description and analysis of educational discourse, communication in didactics, teacher-student dialogue and communication related to literature work reception;
- literature education theory and analyzing scope of topics such as motivation, entity, literature and language content integration, tailored for specific recipient being a generation raised in a media repleted world;
- suggestions for humanist education to take up contemporary era social, global and critical issues.